Spiderman 1#

Go down

Spiderman 1#

Post  Eric Nyman on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:04 pm

[left]

Hudson Hospital, New York

As Peter Parker slammed into the brick wall of the hospital and then collapsed to the ground face first, only one thought went through his mind.

"I take it the Sinister Six has become the Terrible Twelve".

As he lifted his head up, Peter watched through blurry eyes as The Vulture, Electro, Hobgoblin, Carnage, Carrion, Doctor Octopus, Sandman, Hammerhead, Silvermane and the Enforcers all advanced on him.

As Spiderman Peter had beaten all of them dozens of times, however that was then and this was now. They were not coming after Spiderman, they were coming after Peter Parker. Plus they had all joined forces to come after Peter at his weakest moment.

After Aunt May had been shot by an assassin hired by the Kingpin, due to the fact that Peter had unmasked to support the Registration Act. Word had gotten out that Peter along with Mary Jane would be here at Hudson Hospital, at his Aunt's bedside.

and a whole lot of bad guys decided to show up.

Peter managed to hold them off as the hospital was evacuated, but had taken a tremendous beating in the process. The numbers were just too great.

Peter's vision was cloudy and pain radiated through his entire body from multiple broken bones and internal injuries. As much as he wanted to fade into that good night, Peter would not, at least not yet. Because thats what heroes do.

As he heard the last ambulance pull away the one with Aunt May and Mary Jane inside of it, Peter readied himself for one last battle. He didnt care what happened to himself as long as the people he loved were safe.

Peter gestured to the group of villians to come and do their worst.

"Just bring it", Peter said as they began to advance.

Then suddenly the world went dark.

Spiderman
Issue 1#
"Brand New Day Part 1"
"Web of Life"
Written by Eric J Nyman

When Peter opened his eyes again he found himself staring at brilliant and beautiful white spider web that seemed to go on forever. In the spaces in between each strands Peter could see parts of his life playing out like on a movie screen.

As Peter looked at each one of the spaces, his facial expressions changed from happiness to sadness to anger and back to happiness, from seeing the triumphs and tragedies of his life.

In one space he saw Aunt May and Uncle Ben giving him his first microscope for his fifteenth birthday. Followed by the day at the Musuem of Science where he got bit by the spider who gave him his powers.

In another space he saw himself donning his Spiderman costume for the first time, followed by the death of Uncle Ben.

In yet another space Peter saw himself joining the Avengers and the destruction of Stamford. Followed by the Press Conference where he publically unmasked as Spiderman.

"That is where the Web of Life became broken", a voice called out from behind Peter.

Peter turned and saw Ezekiel Sims walking toward him. After their last encounter where Ezekiel tried to sacrifice Peter to the Spider Totem, only to realize that Peter was more of a hero then he would ever be, Ezekiel gave his own life. Peter found himself getting ready to fight, even though his spider sense was not tingling.

"Hello Peter and to answer your questions, no you are not dead....yet and no I am not here to harm you", Ezekiel said.

"So then why am I here and where exactly is here", asked Peter as he relaxed.

Gesturing toward the giant spider web Ezekiel said simply, "This is the Web of Life".

"Yeah I'm dead", Peter exclaimed.

"No you are not dead", interjected Ezekiel.

"But you're dead right", retorted Peter.

"Yes and you will be too, if you dont zip it and let me finish", snapped Ezekiel.

"Please continue then", Peter said sarcastically.

"This is the Web of Life, where destiny and fate intertwine for the bearers of the Spider Totem", Ezekiel began.

"Remember when I told you that in one form or another there has always been a representative of the Spider Totem, well this is the pattern in which they play out. The grand design...the scheme of things", Ezekiel continued.

"When you unmasked, you broke the Web of Life", Ezekiel added.

"I thought I was doing the right thing", Peter interupted.

"Yes you were, but for your role in the Web of Life you did the wrong thing, now let me finish" Ezekiel said.

"Sorry", replied Peter.

"The Web of Life brought you here to make things right, to fix itself", Ezekiel said.

"To undo where you broke the design and then reweave itself", continued Ezekiel concluded.

"You mean like altering reality", asked Peter.

"Yes and No....the Web of Life will change the part where you unmasked and the events that followed", answered Ezekiel.

"I dont understand why are you doing this", Peter said.

"Because your time....your story as Spiderman isnt supposed to end yet", spoke Ezekiel.

A smile came over Peter's face as thought about the ramifications of what Ezekiel had told him. However there was this sense of total confusion at the same time. Which was strange considering the fact that in his years as Spiderman Peter had seen a lot of things happen on a cosmic level. Heck at one point Peter had even possesed the power of Captain Universe, but this was something different.

"So does this mean the Civil War and Cap and", Peter began.

"No Peter those things were supposed to happen and cannot be changed", Ezekiel said cutting him off.

"What will change is the part where you unmasked and shed your totem and the events that followed", Ezekiel added.

"So my secret identity", asked Peter.

"Is your secret again", answered Ezekiel.

"So Aunt May", asked Peter.

"Yes", said Ezekiel as he gestured toward the Web.

Peter's eyes grew wide and his jaw hit the floor as he saw the space in the Web, that showed him unmasking went blank and began to unravel. Then the Web glowed white and slowly began to reweave itself.

"Before I send you back Peter, I must tell you one thing. When the Web of Life resets itself, there will be changes. Some good and some bad. Some major and some minor", Ezekiel said.

"However I will be there to guide you through them", Ezekiel added.

The world around Peter began to grow black again and he felt himself begining to fall.

When Peter opened his eyes again, he found himself laying in bed, in his condo in Manhatten. A broad smile came across his face as he stretched out his arms and felt the warm sunlight come through the skylight in the ceiling. With a loud whoop Peter launched himself out of bed and clund to the ceiling.

For the first time in a long time Peter felt geniunely happy.

Peter performed a backflip off of the ceiling and landed on the bedroom floor. Quickly getting dressed Peter headed down the stairs to the kitchen. Where the greatest sight in the world awaited him. Aunt May standing at the stove cooking pancakes, while Mary Jane sat at the kitchen table playing on her laptop.

Peter walked over a gave his Aunt a hug and had to fight the urge to not let her go. When he finally did Aunt May looked up at him and smiled.

"What was that for", asked Aunt May.

"Because I have the greatest Aunt in the entire world who makes the greatest pancakes in the world", replied Peter.

"Well take a seat dear and i will fix you a plate", said Aunt May.

As he walked towards the kitchen table Mary jane slowly rose from her seat and stared at Peter not sure what to think. Given the fact that her husband was Spiderman and that anything could happen, combined with the fact that Peter was not usually a morning person to begin with. Left MJ with a growing sense of uneasiness.

Until Peter grabbed her in his arms and lifted her into the air and then kissed her passionately on the lips. MJ relaxed and knew it was husband and nothing was wrong. Well save for his unusually good mood.

"You're not mind controlled are you", asked Mary Jane.

"Nope", replied Peter.

"You didnt make a deal with the devil", MJ asked with a smile.

"Not at all", answered Peter.

For a minute that seemed like an eternity Peter and MJ stared at each other. MJ was not sure what was going on, but she could tell one thing by looking into Peter's eyes. That something that had been gone for a long time was finally back....and that was hope.

"So why the good mood", Mary Jane said breaking the silence.

"What can I say.....its the start of a Brand New Day", Peter said with a smile.

The End and the Begining

Eric Nyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiderman 1#

Post  Craig DeBoard on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:21 am

What a great start! I'm curious though, they say nothing in life is free. So Peter got Aunt May and his identity back. What will it cost him? Can't wait for the next issue!
Craig DeBoard
Admin

View user profile http://www.craigdeboard.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul E. Schultz on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:11 pm

I'm glad someone tackled Spiderman and I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm glad you put him back in the mask as we all know Spidey's universal appeal is his anonymity. Nice start!
Paul E. Schultz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Erik Dee Fullmer on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Very cool Eric. Yes his identidy is sealed. That's the way it should always be. kick ass bro!
Erik Dee Fullmer
Admin

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/theartof.e.deefullmer

Back to top Go down

Re Spiderman 1#

Post  Eric Nyman on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:03 am

Thanks guys all I can say is, if you have seen the movies Final Destination, Pet Cemmetary and Shock Em Dead a lot is coming.

Eric Nyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Great writing!

Post  AndyWright on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:00 am

Very nice. Super clean prose. Great set-up. I'm sucked-in.
AndyWright

View user profile http://www.diamondplatestudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum