Marvel: Redux
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avengers #6

4 posters

Go down

Avengers #6 Empty Avengers #6

Post  Craig DeBoard Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:40 am

Marvel: Redux Presents....Marvel: Redux Presents....
Avengers #6
"Avenge! Part Six: Assemble!"
Written by Craig DeBoard

Avengers #6 AvengersLogo
Stark Tower
New York City, New York.
15:59 Hours
War Room

"And as you can see, you have some competition. This Avengers isn't going to be like the Avengers of the past. We're dealing with threats head on. Frankly, unmanned drones are to expensive to keep building, and the world has serious threats that need to be dealt with. Some of you went through our HYDRA/Skrull test. Others went through an A.I.M./Hulk test. And we even had a few go through a scenario hunting down Wolverine. Some of you proved to work well together. Others...not so much," Nick Fury said shooting a glance at Buck Barnes, the Winter Soldier and Tony Stark, the man known as Ironman.

"At the end of the day we'll be choosing six of you to join me in protecting the world. Some of you have been Avengers in the past. Others haven't had the opportunity. None of that is going to have any bearing on my decision. I want a team that can handle the problems the world faces today. Not the problems of yesterday. The Avengers will be working very close with Ironman, Nick Fury and S.H.E.I.L.D. Stark Tower will continue to be a base of operations while Avengers Mansion is being rebuilt," Captain America stated, looking at the crowded room of heroes.

"So Ironman and Fury aren't going to be on the team?" Bucky asked.

"No. They will be available for consultation, but both men have too much going on with S.H.E.I.L.D., with both Tony Stark as Director and Nick Fury as Field Commander," Captain America replied.

The war-room in Stark Tower was full of heroes, some old members such as Hank Pym and Beast. Others were newcomers such as Hulking and Sleepwalker.

Captain America found a private room, to begin doing interviews, and Bucky followed him in.

"I'm on the team, right?" Bucky asked.

"I don't know," Captain America stated not looking at Bucky and taking a seat at a desk, while grabbing a stack of file folders.

"What the hell does that mean?" Bucky said in outrage.

"It means, I don't know. You were reckless out there. Several Skrull Agents from S.W.O.R.D. are dead. Many are still missing. Stark and Fury are so wrapped up in trying to smooth things over, it'll be months before either of them will ever be able to really help out the Avengers," Captain America replied.

"Loose cannon??? Are you kidding me. Look, Steve, this may come as a shock to you but I've done this just as long. Just because you got pumped up full of the Super Soldier Serum and I didn't, doesn't mean you're anywhere over me. I fought back in the day right beside you. I ended up waking up in a day and age not familiar to me, just like you. How you think you're above me--"

"Above you?" Captain America said, cocking an eyebrow and cutting Bucky off, "I've never thought I was above you. I've never thought of you as my 'sidekick' or anything like that. I always viewed you as my 'partner' and I still do. But you caused a lot of bureaucratic headache, and just putting you on the team can cause even more headache," Captain America finished.

"So that's it then? I'm wasting my time just being here. No chance in hell then?" Bucky said, feeling betrayed and turned for the door.

"I didn't say--"

SLAM!

The Winter Soldier stormed out of the room.

"Daredevil..."

"Sorry Cap, I'd love to help out, but with Wilson Fisk dead, Hell's Kitchen has become a battleground. I'm needed there.

"Dr. Strange..."

"If the Avengers have need of the arcane arts, I shall be there."

"Wasp...Janet, how are you?"

"I'm great Steve. I don't know if Avengers is right for me right now. My clothing line is--"

"You gave me the same story last time."

"Yeah. Yeah, I did."

"D-Man..."

"Sorry Cap, I got a thing with Defenders. But me and you could get pizza sometime."

"Darkhawk."

"Yeah. I'll do it."

"Wonderman."

"Sorry Steve. I'm working with S.H.E.I.L.D. a little more now days, helping to train new recruits. Have you seen the new commerical I'm in yet. It's--"

"Deadpool."

"That's SUPER-Deadpool."

"Next. Beast."

"Thank you for the invite Steve."

"Hank, it's great to see you. How are things?"

"Busy busy busy. A little too busy for the Avengers I'm afraid. But if there's an emergency--"

"I know, call you. Ugh," Captain America groaned, rubbing his face in exasperation after Beast walked out, "all we ever have are emergencies. This is going to take a while."

"And so he says 'you're my partner'. What a load of crap," Bucky complained as he sat on the roof, of Stark Tower.

"He has a lot on his plate. You know he means well," Carol Danvers, known as Ms. marvel said trying to comfort Bucky Barnes a bit.

Bucky stood up, and the wind blew his long brown hair back. The mid0day sun shone brightly, but Bucky could see the storm clouds in the distance.

"I have a special set of skills. Skills that only Cap and maybe Fury have. Maybe a few others. Not many though. As far as I'm concerned....Steve can't afford my ass," Bucky said turning and walking away.

"Bucky! Bucky?" Carol pleaded. Bucky Barnes left the roof.

"And so the new roster will be announced shortly," Captain America finished.

"So you haven't decided on anyone at all yet?" Luke Cage asked.

"I've been able to eliminate a few possibilities, but nothing more. I'm sorry. This is too important, and the decision needs to be made very carefully."

"So you're running S.H.E.I.L.D. from your office here?" Fury asked.

"I figure that's best. You'll be on the Helicarrier, and I don't want to step on your toes. Scotch?"

"Thanks," Fury replied taking the drink from Tony Stark, "You know, I'm not used to playing second fiddle to anyone."

"I don't want you to look at it that way," Tony replied taking a sip from his drink, "You see, you're going to go about handling things the way you've always handled them. Myself on the hand, I plan to see to it you don't have to lead anymore secret wars. I'm going to be your buffer between you doing your job and the political mess that prevents you from doing your job."

"And what exactly are you getting out of it, son?" Fury asked.

"Redemption. I screwed up a lot of things with the Superhero Registration Act and the Civil War. This is my way to make things right. Plus the opportunity to meet with the U.N. on a regular basis means I can keep tabs on who's using my tech without my say so, and who isn't," Tony responded.

"Makes sense I suppose. To S.H.E.I.L.D." Fury said holding up his glass to toast.

"To the future," Tony responded with a smile and a glint in his eye.

Times Square
New York City, New York.
18:39 Hours

"And with that ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor and privilege to introduce you to the New Avengers....

...myself, Captain America; Justice; Black Widow; Solo; Firestar; Wiccan; Hulking--"

BLAM!!!

The shot rang out like a thunderclap. He had noticed the glint of sunlight from a scope, shining. There wasn't anyway he was going to let him die. The sniper had aimed perfectly to assassinate his target.

"SOLO!" Black Widow cried out. James Bourne, the man called Solo, who had dedicated his life to fighting terrorism, fell, taking a bullet through the head. A bullet intended to kill Captain America.

NEXT ISSUE: Masters of Evil!

Last edited by Craig DeBoard on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Craig DeBoard
Craig DeBoard
Admin

http://www.craigdeboard.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Avengers #6 Empty Re: Avengers #6

Post  Paul E. Schultz Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:58 am

Nice D-Man tie-in! I almost used Firestar in the Defenders. Too funny. Loved the montage. I love the whole proactive slant to the team, something I think most superteam books lack. Why wait around to see what the badguys are up to? One of these days, we need to figure out how to do an Avengers/Defenders team-up. Why that's never been a cross-title tie-in "event" in the UM I'll never know.
Paul E. Schultz
Paul E. Schultz

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig DeBoard Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:38 am

I'd be down for it for sure. Let me get past my Masters of Evil storyline (I couldn't find anyone to take over Avengers so I'm stuck still doing it), and we'll see what we can work out.
Craig DeBoard
Craig DeBoard
Admin

http://www.craigdeboard.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyWright Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:17 pm

I like the balance of the urgency with the weight of how important the decision is about who will be added to the team. It feels very real and authentic.
AndyWright
AndyWright

http://www.diamondplatestudios.com

Back to top Go down

Avengers #6 Empty Re-Avengers 6#

Post  Eric Nyman Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Craig this title is awesome. I loved the montage of Cap talking to possible and past Avengers members. The ending has me going WTH Winter Soldier but I know you probably have a twist in store. Great job.

Eric Nyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down